Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My New Stompboxes

Well, I recently finished two of the four or five stompboxes that I have planned. The first one was a design from runoffgroove.com called the Double D. It is a 4049 based dual channel distortion circuit. The first channel is a nice mild overdrive that is extremely responsive to picking dynamics while the second channel is a very high gain channel perfect for hard rock and metal. It is very versatile pedal.

The second pedal is a replica of the Way Huge Red Llama. It too is a 4049 based overdrive that is a modification of Craig Anderton's Tube Sound Overdrive circuit. It is a great overdrive that fits nicely between the two channels of the Double D. It has a little more fuzz to it, but sounds really great. The only issue is that I have some oscillation at high gains, so I still need to fix that, but other than that, they sound great.

To add my own touch to them, I made some boxes from solid ash and put my logo on them. Take a peek and tell me what you think. The Double D is on the left and the Red Llama on the right.


1 comment:

Erin said...

brian, it's so cool to read about your passion for guitars and music. keep goin strong! :)