Sunday, November 23, 2008

More Guitars

Okay, so it has been a little while since I updated this. Recently I have been refinishing a couple of guitars I built while still in high school. They needed a lot of work, but they are finally done. Here I have some pictures of the beauties.





Here is the group photo of all of them together. The bass is in the middle with an original design on the left and a PRS style guitar on the right. They all play and sound quite nice, in addition to looking awesome (if I do say so myself).

My next projects are a series of stompboxes that I will be making myself. They tend to be more responsive than my Podxt to picking dynamics, etc. since they have a real analog signal chain. I have one almost finished, but I am waiting for a replacement IC chip since I fried the first one by accidently reversing the polarity of my power source. I guess if carpentry's mantra is measure twice cut once, then electronics is use sockets and voltmeters before IC's.

Anyway, I will try to keep this posted somewhat. Hopefully some sound clips will be coming of my stompboxes when they are done.

No comments: