Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Model B Bass

Well, I have finally finished my bass. The finish is cured and this weekend I put it all together. These pictures are not the best, seeing as how my camera is not meant for artistic photos. But that is okay, you get the idea. It plays great. The action is maybe a little high if anything, but no higher than my previous bass. I think it is because there is no angle in the neck pocket. The intonation is not quite perfect (I will need to move the bridge when I restring it). The piezo pickup is louder than the magnetics, but it has a great sound and I can get a range from warm and mellow to really bright and punchy. The controls are P/J pickup blend, magnetic/piezo blend, master volume and master tone. I have a ton of pictures, but here are just a few to try to get the whole idea across.










Well, there she be. Let me know what you think.

2 comments:

Neil Thornock said...

Awesome looking byoot! I love the look of the wood.

Anonymous said...

Well, it took me awhile. But the wait was worth it. The photos of your guitar are great! You are a man of many talents. When we get old and you are rich, will you support us?